Saturday, June 20, 2015

Week of June 22 - 26

Thank you as always to our valued volunteers.  We invite volunteers to stop in Tuesday morning for coffee and a muffin as a little recognition and thanks for your time over the year.  If you have volunteered at any time please feel free to come!

The year is winding down so quickly it is remarkable!  On Friday your child brought home their Poetry book with the last poem of the year.  Books should be kept at home now and I hope you will enjoy reading and rereading the poems.

We enjoyed seeing so many of you at our last Sharing Assembly and congratulate once again our certificate recipients Ethan, Bridget and Santino.  Well done everyone!  The difference in our classroom environment and the behaviour of the students since the beginning of the year is amazing.  So much growth and development has happened - developing those all important social skills is so very important to making well rounded students and people.

This week I will be talking with the seniors about the recess process in grade one and we will actually go out for recess a few times!  The main difference for grade ones is that their OWN teacher is not always one of the people on duty.  The children need to understand they are safe and can speak with any other teacher if they have a recess issue and be comfortable coming in to use the main floor washrooms.  I will also take the seniors to visit the three possible grade one classes and teachers this week.  Placement letters will come from Ms. Caddel but the children will have had the opportunity to see each room and teacher this week.  Since there are 14 graduates and three grade one classes there will be at least 4 students from our class placed together.  I look forward to their continued successes, they are great kids!

Ms. McGee has asked me to let you know that the students are LOVING going to the "Pebble Go"
website for reading, games, puzzles etc etc.  to access the site you will need a password which was
sent home in the fall on a TDSB bookmark. I am not permitted to put passwords on the blog but will resend a paper copy with the information you need.  There are other websites the children use and enjoy during their computer lab times, that you may also enjoy using over the summer, which I will include also.  Look out for that at the end of the week!

I hope that our wonderful dads enjoy their special day tomorrow and sincerely hope that they enjoy the loving words written on their cards and the beautiful art work created by the children!  We knew we were making and saving this piece of art for the dads and the kids chose certain colours based on that even in the creation stage! Dads, you are loved!

This week will be our Graduation ceremony.  I look forward to showing you the video and telling you
how wonderful your children are!  Please respect the timelines - a 2 pm start and 3 pm finish.  We will all be seated, on our best behaviour and excited to see our parent guests!  The video itself is made from photos I have taken over the year ... All 500 of them ... a link will be embedded in the
blog next week that will allow you to download it to the device of your choosing. (It will be a large file!) Each year the video is created to celebrate all that the children have done and accomplished over the year and give you a window into our world.  Juniors and Seniors are included and all parents are invited to access the video.  I hope you will enjoy!

Pizza Lunch/Lunch on the Lawn is also this week.  The logistics of how the lunch will be organized for Kindergarten have been changed slightly.  All of the K classes will be walked over to the park by their teachers, eces and lunch room attendants and be seated together at 11:10.   Parents/caregivers should meet us over there.  I will need to account for every child.  Those WITHOUT an adult will be
brought BACK to the school playground at 12:00 by the lunch supervisors (after their pizza).  They will remain in the outdoor play area until the bell rings at 12:35, under the supervision of our lunch attendants.

This week:
Monday - Music AM, LIB/IT PM
Tuesday - Volunteer Coffee, Mystery Reader AM
Wednesday - LIB/IT AM, Graduation 2 pm
Thursday - Reading Buddies, Pizza Lunch/Lunch on the Lawn, Last day!
Friday - PA Day
Have a great week!
Ms. I.