Thursday, June 25, 2015

End of Year...Class Video!

A time to reflect on our busy days together...and the end of a year... 

This week we said goodbye to our 14 Seniors, off to grade one they go and they will be fabulous!  We are sadly losing several of our Junior students as well - we say goodbye to Michael, Chace and Sara as they and their families move to new areas and new schools.  I wish you all the best, know that we will surely miss you from our class family!  We say goodbye to Miss Nisker and welcome Miss Santiago to our room.  Our ECE staff are all rotating to the next classroom, and typically do so in most schools each year.

Graduation was lovely, so good to see everyone so proud and yet humbled by the people your children are becoming.  Your children are spectacular and we congratulate them on their accomplishments. Enjoy these days, for me it feels like yesterday yet my "baby" is now 21.  The years seem to fly by!   It takes two years to complete the expectations set out in the Kindergarten program and we acknowledge how difficult it must be to be engaged and attentive in a room full of 
toys and friends!  The amount of growth and development in these two years is incredible and this is why we celebrate graduation from the program so heartily. Thanks go to Patricia for donating such a beautiful and tasty cake, it was fabulous - thank you!

We cannot end the year without properly thanking our spectacular grade parents - Tara, Catherine and Patricia for all their hard work keeping us organized and on track.  It takes effort and patience and we thank you SO much for volunteering to do this.  If you (particularly the upcoming  SK parents) would like to volunteer for the new school year as grade parent please read Karen Miller's Parent Bulletin posts and contact the necessary people.  We humbly appreciate everyone who can help out.

Finally, let me say that your cards and gifts were overwhelming.  I love my job and hope that I always do it to the best of my ability.  Your kind words and heartfelt thanks are so appreciated.  You have wonderful, wonderful children to work with and I appreciate every day with them.  Thank you for your generosity. 

Below is the video, I hope you enjoy!  Have a wonderful summer and I look forward to seeing you all in September.  For those of you returning, the blog address will remain the same.  See you in September!  By the way - if you see the back door open and I'm working away in there please don't hesitate to pop your head in and say hello!
Cheers, Ms.I.