Sunday, March 22, 2015

Week of March 23 - 27

Welcome back, I hope everyone had a great week! Whether you travelled or stayed close to home it is always such a welcome break to be free of routines even if only for a few days.

The weather this week was lovely for the most part but not dry enough by any means to make shoes a good choice for school.  Your older children can manage this as they don't use the woodchip area that we do.  Our Kindergarten playground will be frozen most mornings and wet by the afternoon most spring days so PLEASE CONTINUE to have your child WEAR BOOTS each day.  Unless it is actively raining we do go outside EVERY day.  Snowpants or slush pants/rain pants are a good way to help your child stay clean in these conditions also.  We encourage you to make choices that will keep your child comfortable, clean and dry all day long.

As we have been learning about weather, the Earth and Sun relationship, and branching out to the planets and solar system I am planning for the children to each make a paper mache Earth in the class.  We will work with our reading buddies to ensure everyone has some extra hands for helping but will need help collecting enough newspapers.  Could you please SAVE any newspapers/flyers that you get and send them in.  Any older siblings that do a paper route (I used to deliver The Mississauga News ...40 years ago...There's a flashback!) we would love to have the extra undelivered papers.  Each child needs roughly one full-sized paper for their project.  I am planning April 14 as our project day so save them up and send them in!

This week:
Monday - Mystery Reader PM
Tuesday - Sharing Assembly 9:00, Music AM,  LIB/IT PM
Wednesday - Mystery Reader AM
Thursday - LIB/IT
Friday - Reading Buddies, Pizza Lunch

Have a great week, Ms. I.