Saturday, December 24, 2016

Happy Holidays! Lots of thank you's...

It is very hard to turn off the internal alarm clock after 25 years...even on weekends and holidays!  So here I am at 6:00 in the morning on the first day of Christmas holidays!  The house is still quiet, only one child up and gone for a busy day in a restaurant, the others lucky enough to be on holiday from work or school, are still snoozing. We are a busy family, 5 children between us - 22, 23, 25, 26, and 27.  And yes, they are still children.  They still look for your advice and approval, they still say "love you mom", want and give hugs and kisses, our girls still say "Daddy" and they all still ask for help - just not with zippers and shoes anymore! 
Children bring joy, there is no other way to explain it.  They exhaust us, sometimes frustrate us but always always the magic of their unconditional love and optimism is there.  Yours, mine, all of them are what keeps us parents working hard, reveling in their successes, supporting them and teaching them to overcome the hardships.  I cannot thank you enough for your heartfelt words, kind sentiments and genuine hugs.  It is an honor to be able to be a part of all of your families, to share the hopes, dreams and sometimes worries you have for your children.  To teach for a living, and enjoy it as much as I do, and to be rewarded by the successes of the children is a wonderful thing.  To read your cards and hear your words is above and beyond.  Thank you for your generosity and thoughtfulness.  Both Ms. Mosun and I were touched by your gifts and words.  We wish you a wonderful holiday break - may your best gift this season be the time and love you are able to share with family and friends.

More thanks...
We need to thank our amazing grade parents for organizing fun crafts and a great party on Wednesday.  Many thanks to our helpers Janine, Trudie, Dianna and Natasha as well as those who sent in treats for the kids.  The snacks were wholeheartedly devoured and the crafts were adorable - my favorite the Santa face framer - worthy of saving for years to come - I still pull out treasures that my guys made, maybe all the macaroni has fallen off and maybe they signed their cards "love Daniel I." in case I wasn't sure which of the 3 Daniels in his grade was giving me a card but oh the smiles they bring!
  
Thanks to those who were able to make it to the Sharing Assembly.  We had fun performing our elf song for you and celebrating our Nolan, Kristina and Tabitha for their kindness and caring with others. The January assembly will be Friday, January 27 and celebrate the character trait of teamwork.

Next year...I will post our weekly schedule and necessary information for back to school over the weekend of January 7-8.
Much love and happy holidays!
Ms.I.