As the summer winds down the school begins to wind up...summer camp is all done and the floors have been waxed, the room cleaned ready for us and Ms.I. getting set up for the new year to begin!
For those of you wondering what you may need for kindergarten, one of the most valuable purchases you will make is a good sized backpack. The children will be carrying legal sized mailbags back and forth with papers and books in them on a regular basis...extra/indoor shoes as well as library books go in backpacks as well so when shopping for a new one please avoid the mini backpacks that are out there!
Running shoes are always the best idea for school, even in the warmer weather as they keep toes protected when we are out on the playground. If sending your child in sandals please avoid flip flops as they often come off and leave the child barefoot in the woodchips as well as making climbing the stairs to computer lab or library very tricky!
You will receive LOTS of information from our classroom and the school over the first few weeks, be sure to read carefully to avoid missing deadlines or important information on how things work. Our class gradeparents stay in close communication with myself and the school admin/committees etc so they are a good source of information should you have questions. We will let you know who is filling those roles as soon as possible.
I prefer not to communicate via email with parents as I do not carry a handheld device once the school day has begun and rarely check on one once I am home with my family. The blog will keep you up to date as it is posted on a weekly basis, monthly calendars will let you know what/when
events are happening and a note in your child's mailbag will let me know of any last minute changes.
I look forward to seeing all my returning students and parents as well as meeting all of our new students and families...the count down is on, enjoy your last days everyone, see you soon!
Ms I